Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A New Birth

     Here we are at Easter time, and our family is about to experience a new life.  On Thursday morning, our daughter and son-in-law will welcome their second child...a baby girl into our growing family.  I will be going to babysit our grandson Gavin while our daughter is in the hospital.  This is a chore I relish!  
     Our excitement has been growing as the time has finally arrived to unveil this little babe.  She will be our first granddaughter.  Can you imagine it?  One little cheerleader among five grandsons!  
     Then, on May 1st, we will have the blessing of meeting another little grandson when our oldest son and our daughter-in-law have their second child.  What a reminder of the joy of Easter in so many ways!
     Jesus rose from the dead.  The tomb was empty and He brought the resurrection hope of new life to all who believe in His name.  It was a new beginning!  The defeat of death, sin and shame!  Because He was victorious, we who trust in His name are also victorious.  So when I think of a new baby being born, I remember the words of our Lord to Nicodemus when He told him he must be born again.
     Of course, we do not enter again into our mother's womb, but we do experience a new birth in the Holy Spirit when He quickens our soul and makes us alive to believe in Christ.  Then, we truly begin to live for the first time, and like small children see all the wonder of life as if for the very first time.  This is what it means to be set free from the death sleep of sin.  We exchange our rags of empty dreams and deeds for a robe of righteousness and a crown of life.  This is the who and why we celebrate Easter because He lives; therefore we also live if we are found in Him.
Our daughter Jordan at her baby shower recently.
     I can hardly wait to hold this new baby in my arms and look upon her face.  It will bring back memories for me of when I first held our baby girl.  These times are precious to me, and we thank God for the gift of new life.
     For the next few days, I will be away for the unveiling of this priceless gift so I can assist our daughter and son-in-law.  However, I promise to share some pictures of this little girl when I have the opportunity.  Until then, may you have a Blessed Easter as together we all celebrate the greatest gift that God has ever given in our Lord Jesus Christ.  Selah!




I welcome your thoughts as always.  They are a blessing to me and others who read here.  Happy Easter!
He is Risen!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Oh, Barbara! This is so exciting! May God bless your daughter, son-in-law, Gavin and your brand new baby granddaughter! Sending love, blessings and prayers your way!

Christina said...

Back again dear sister to wish you and your family a beautiful Resurrection Day!